I was recently selected by my legal peers as a Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite™. I’m honored because this is an award given to fewer than 2% of Florida attorneys. I’m Avvo-rated 10.0 Superb, and a Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Rated Preeminent Attorney.
100% of my time is spent in business litigation, trust litigation, probate and estate litigation. I’ve had only one instance where a client had a judgment entered against them since 2004. In 2017 I’ve assisted clients recovering:
- $417K in a business dispute
- $385K in a trust dispute
- $750K in a trust dispute
- $723K in a business dispute
- $435K in probate litigation
I’ve handled hundreds of business litigation cases, trust litigation, and probate and estate litigation cases. I’m proud to provide my clients with powerful legal resources.
- Breach of Contract — plaintiff & defendant cases
- Shareholder & Partnership Litigation
- Business Torts
Trust & Estate Litigation
- Undue Influence
- Lack of Capacity
- Tortious Interference with a Testamentary Expectancy
It’s my job to honestly assess your case and actively pursue money for actions where you’ve been wronged as quickly as possible for a reasonable fee.
Let’s talk about your case and find out what happened to you. It’s easier to discuss issues in person although I also like to talk on the phone if that’s most convenient for you. We can hold a video conference, or use Skype, or FaceTime to get an idea of what you’re dealing with in you legal situation. I believe that talking out what’s going on from your perspective is the best way to get started so that I can know everything that’s transpired.
About Attorney Reed Bloodworth
In business litigation and estate and trust litigation I give a lot of the same advice. It’s ultimately: let’s make a business decision that’s in your best interest.
We can litigate a case for the next two years and incur the time effort and cost. That may be right for your situation. Or we can make a reasonable decision and try and get someone to negotiate with us—if they will—and resolve this in a quarter of that time or half that time. Every case is different and it’s your choice after you hear
Here’s a Little About My Background
I’m a Florida native and I was born in Tallahassee. I grew up in Apalachicola, Florida, until graduating high school. In college I played baseball on scholarship at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia.
I transferred to Wingate University near Charlotte, North Carolina, where I played football until graduation when I received a B.S. in business administration and finance.
I put my degrees to work as a bank officer, a loan officer, a Secretary for the Loan Committee, and an assistant branch manager at Farmers & Merchants Bank in Tallahassee, before I went to law school at the University of Florida.
While in law school I clerked with two law firms that shaped and helped me decide which areas of the law I ultimately wanted to practice.
I attended the University of Florida because of my family’s history with the school. My father was the captain of the University of Florida baseball team and my mother also attended the University of Florida. I’m a huge Florida Gator football fan and an Orlando City Soccer supporter. I enjoy fishing, hunting and spending time outdoors.
After graduation, I joined Ringer, Henry, Buckley & Seacord, then, Dean Mead. Dean Mead shaped my career and exposed me to 12 years of business litigation, personal injury litigation, and trust and estate litigation.
I joined Morgan & Morgan in 2013, then, left and started my solo practice, Bloodworth Law, PLLC, in January 2017.
Range of Experience
As an attorney since 2004, I’ve worked with some of the most talented litigators in Florida and a wide range of courts, judges, juries and cases. There isn’t a type of case that I haven’t encountered, and with the range of resources I’ve established working in Orlando, I’m able to work with clients while providing an amazing range of experience and capabilities.
I will make sure that your case is handled with care and through a process refined to put your mind at ease knowing that your case is in my capable hands.
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, Levin College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2003
Wingate University, Charlotte, North Carolina, B.S. in Business Administration and Finance, 1998
L. Reed Bloodworth, Managing Partner, Bloodworth Law, PLLC, January 2017 to Present
Business Trial Group, Morgan and Morgan, 2013-17
Dean, Mead, Egerton, Bloodworth, Capouano & Bozarth, P.A., 2005-13
Ringer, Henry, Buckley & Seacord, P.A., 2004-05
Farmers & Merchants Bank, 1999-2000
Court and Bar Admissions & Legal Memberships:
- The Florida Bar Association, Admitted 2004
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, Admitted, 2004 – Present
- American Bar Association Member, 2004 – Present
- Orange County Bar Association, 2004 – Present
- Young Lawyers Division, Orange County Bar, Member, 2004-15
- Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section, Member, 2005 – Present
- Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Member, 2005 – Present
- Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section 2006 – Present
- Voting Member of Probate and Trust Litigation Committee, Multiple Committees, 2006 – Present
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Admitted, 2014 – Present
- Kids R 1st, Inc., Non-profit Organization, Board of Directors
- Baldwin Park Rotary Club, Legal Committee Chair; Fundraising Committee Chair, 2010-13
- Leadership Winter Park Graduate Class XXI, 2010-11
- American Cancer Society, Relay for Life Winter Park, Committee Chairperson, 2009
Key Practice Areas:
- Breach of Contract Litigation
- Shareholder & Partnership Litigation
- Business Torts Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Investment Losses and Securities Fraud
- Legal Malpractice and Professional Liability
- Real Estate Litigation
Trust and Estate Litigation
- Undue Influence Lawsuits
- Lack of Capacity Lawsuits
- Tortious Interference with a Testamentary Expectancy Lawsuits