I was recently selected by legal peers as a Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite™. I’m honored because this is an award given to fewer than 2% of Florida attorneys. I’m Avvo-rated 10.0 Superb, and a Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer-Rated Pre-Eminent attorney.
100% of my time is spent in litigation. I’ve had only one instance where a client had a judgment entered against them since 2004. In 2017 I’ve assisted clients recovering:
- $417K business dispute
- $385K trust dispute
- $750k trust dispute
- $723k business dispute
- $435k probate litigation
I’ve handled hundreds of business litigation cases and I’ve handled hundreds of trust & estate litigation cases. I provide my clients with incredible law firm resources.
- Breach of Contract — plaintiff & defendant cases
- Shareholder & Partnership Litigation
- Business Torts
Trust & Estate Litigation
- Undue Influence
- Lack of Capacity
- Tortious Interference with a Testamentary Expectancy
It’s my job to honestly assess your case and actively pursue money for actions where you’ve been wronged as quickly as possible for a reasonable fee.
Let’s talk more about your case and find out what happened to you. It’s easier to discuss issues in person and I also like to talk on the phone. We can do a video conference, or use Skype to get an idea of what you’re dealing with. But I always think that talking out what’s going on is the best way to get started.
About Attorney Reed Bloodworth
My philosophy for trust and estate litigation and for business litigation is similar. In business litigation and estate and trust litigation I give a lot of the same advice. It’s ultimately: let’s make a business decision.
We can go litigate a case for the next two years and incur all that time effort and cost. Or we can make a reasonable decision and try and get someone to negotiate with us—if they will—and resolve this in a quarter of that time or half that time.
Here’s a Little About My Background
I’m a Florida native. I was born in Tallahassee, and I grew up in Apalachicola, Florida, until graduating highschool. In college I played baseball on scholarship at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia.
I then transferred to Wingate University near Charlotte, North Carolina, where I played football until graduation. I received a B.S. in business administration and finance.
I put my degrees to work as a bank officer, loan officer, Secretary for the Loan Committee and assistant branch manager at Farmers & Merchants Bank in Tallahassee, before I went to law school at the University of Florida.
I attended Florida because of family history with the school. My father was the captain of the University of Florida baseball team and my mother also attended Florida. I’m a huge Florida Gator football fan and an Orlando City Soccer supporter. I enjoy fishing, hunting and spending time outdoors.
While in law school I clerked with two law firms that shaped and helped me decide which areas of the law I ultimately wanted to practice. After graduation, I joined Ringer Henry, Buckley & Seacord, then Dean Mead which shaped my career and exposed me to 12 years of business litigation, personal injury litigation and trust and estate litigation. I joined Morgan & Morgan in 2013, then, left and started my solo practice, Bloodworth Law, PLLC., in 2017.
Range of Experience
As an attorney since 2004, I’ve worked with some of the most talented litigators in Florida. There isn’t a type of case that I haven’t encountered and with the range of resources I’ve established working in Orlando, I’m able to work with clients providing an amazing range of experience and capabilities to make sure that your case is handled with care and through a process refined to put your mind at ease knowing that your case is in my capable hands.
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, Levin College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2003
Wingate University, Charlotte, North Carolina, B.S. in Business Administration and Finance, 1998
L. Reed Bloodworth, Bloodworth Law, PLLC., 2017-Present
Morgan and Morgan, 2013-17
Dean, Mead, Egerton, Bloodworth, Capouano & Bozarth, P.A., 2005-13
Ringer, Henry, Buckley & Seacord, P.A., 2004-05
Farmers & Merchants Bank, 1999-2000
Court and Bar Admissions & Legal Memberships:
- Florida Bar Association, Admitted 2004
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, Admitted, 2004 – Present
- American Bar Association Member
- Florida Bar Association Member, 2004 – Present
- Orange County Bar Association, 2004 – Present
- Young Lawyers Division, Orange County Bar, Member, 2004-15
- Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section, Member, 2005 – Present
- Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Member, 2005 – Present
- Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section, Voting Member of Probate and Trust Litigation Committee, multiple committees, 2006 – Present
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Admitted, 2014 – Present
- Kids R 1st, Inc., Non-profit Organization, Board of Directors
- Baldwin Park Rotary Club, Legal Committee Chair; Fundraising Committee Chair, 2010-13
- Leadership Winter Park Graduate Class XXI, 2010 – 2011
- American Cancer Society, Relay for Life Winter Park, Committee Chairperson, 2009
Key Practice Areas:
- Breach of Contract Litigation
- Shareholder & Partnership Litigation
- Business Torts Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Investment Losses and Securities Fraud
- Legal Malpractice and Professional Liability
- Real Estate Litigation
Trust and Estate Litigation
- Undue Influence Lawsuits
- Lack of Capacity Lawsuits
- Tortious Interference with a Testamentary Expectancy Lawsuits