Orlando, Florida, attorney Alyson M. Laderman is a Partner at Bloodworth Law, PLLC. She represents plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation. She represents plaintiffs in personal injury protection (PIP) litigation, and in first-party insurance disputes.
Alyson is also a Supreme Court Certified Circuit and County Mediator. She has practiced Florida law since 2009.
“I grew up in the courtroom,” said Alyson who is from South Florida. “My father was a criminal defense attorney. I spent a lot of time in his office growing up, and I was fascinated by the books in the law library.
“The ability to help people while solving problems to me was a perfect combination for making a living.
“I was a senior trial attorney at AIG Insurance. I was a trial attorney for Zurich Insurance and represented insurance carriers up and down the state of Florida for anything from bodily injury claims to personal injury protection PIP claims to employment litigation claims.
“I have represented companies for construction disputes, subcontractors, contractors … both sides — the plaintiff and the defendant.”
Alyson joined Bloodworth Law in April 2019 after representing clients in PIP litigation, insurance claims litigation, personal injury litigation, and mediation as an attorney and a partner in an Orlando firm.
Prior, Alyson worked with one of the largest firms in the state where she created and co-managed its statewide PIP department.
Alyson began her legal career as a public defender for the Ninth Judicial Circuit in Orlando and was named “Rookie of the Year.”
A Hollywood, Florida, native, Alyson earned a Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 2003, and was editor-in-chief of its Business Law Review. Alyson received a Bachelor of Science in legal studies with distinction from Nova Southeastern University in 2000.
Alyson is a co-founder of The Share My Story Foundation and is involved in the Orlando arts community. She enjoys photography, cooking and spending time with her family.
- The University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2003
- Nova Southeastern University, B.S. in Legal Studies, with distinction, 2000
- Partner, Bloodworth Law, PLLC, April 2019
- The Orlando Law Group, 2017-19
- Morgan & Morgan, 2014-17
- Orlando Ninth Judicial Circuit, 2003-06
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Supreme Court Certified Circuit and County Mediator
- 2012, 2014 – 2017, Super Lawyers Award recipient for Civil Litigation
- AVVO-Superb Rated 10.0 Attorney
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Rated Pre-Eminent Attorney
People go to lawyers when they need help. Even in a business situation, it’s personal because people have put their heart and soul and their passion into building that business.
I’ve worked on the plaintiff side, the defense side and as a mediator, so I really have seen it from all three perspectives over the course of the past 16 years.
I will do everything I can to help clients in every way possible. I always try to give them a little something extra moving forward so that their experience is positive.
Law is like a big escape room. You have a bunch of puzzles in front of you and you just have to figure out how they work. But then you’ve got a person from the other side trying to destroy your puzzles at the same time that you’re trying to put them together.
I will do everything I can to educate myself to be able to help clients in the best manner possible. To understand, to the best of my ability, where they’re coming from, and where the other side might be coming from so that I can approach it in a manner that really helps them understand all of the possible options.
- Board Member and Chair of the Longwood Area Council for the Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Vice President, Board of Directors, Orlando International Fringe Theater Festival
- Board of Directors and Member, National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Orlando chapter
- Member and Supporter, Orlando Museum of Art
I am a Martindale-Hubbell AV Pre-Eminent Peer Rated Attorney.
I was named a 2012, 2014, and 2017 Super Lawyers, Rising Star for my work in Florida Civil Litigation.
I am an AVVO-Superb Rated 10.0 Attorney