Kimberly Worling Kiss is an associate attorney for Bloodworth Law in Orlando, Florida.
Kimberly handles commercial and business litigation, trust litigation, probate litigation, employment litigation, and estate planning for clients.
“Growing up I was by nature an advocate: always standing up for someone, fighting for justice, or trying to keep things fair,” Kimberly said.
“Later I was attracted to the law because it was constantly changing and I wanted to be part of moving something forward, changing the law, or changing someone’s life.”
As a 3L Associate in law school, Kimberly was working for a boutique firm on a FINRA dispute.
“We were representing an investor who felt like his investment banker wasn’t listening to him,” Kimberly said. “and my analysis of the financial transactions was the critical component to getting a large settlement in the case.”
Because of this case, Kimberly realized she enjoyed working with numbers, and after law school, Kimberly started working as a merger and acquisition associate for private equity companies. She litigated full-time for a year, and then went back to transactional and estate planning with some litigation.
Kimberly enjoys the transactional work too, “because when working on business deals, you’re typically negotiating more than in litigation work — you’re moving prices, comparing evaluations, and fine-tuning contracts.
“At Bloodworth Law, we handle estate, trust, and fiduciary duty litigation. I enjoy estate planning and probate as well which can be particularly rewarding when a person mourning the loss of a loved one, may also suddenly inherit a life-changing amount of money they did not know about beforehand.
“The law can be very strict, but it can also be very fluid,” Kimberly said. “One week I’m working on a big research project for employment law, the next I’m working on a trust problem; then, I’m working on business disputes. I’m learning something every day and I love that.”
A Florida native, Kimberly is a runner and a yogi who lives in Orlando with her husband, daughter, son, and, dogs.
- State University of New York, Buffalo, New York, Juris Doctor (Finance Program), 2013
- Rollins College, B.A. English, Magna Cum Laude, 2007
- Bloodworth Law, October 2021 to Present
- Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida, January 2020 to September 2021
- Kimberly Kiss Law, P.A., Orlando, Florida, August 2016 to October 2021
- Desert Cache Holdings, 2015-16
- Florida Law Firm, 2016
- Rollins College, 2015-16
- Phoenix Financial Holdings, 2015-16
- Gross Shuman Brizdle & Gilfillan PC, 2012-13
- The Florida Bar, Admitted 2014
- The Florida Bar, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section 2018 –Present
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section 2019-20
- Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers, 2015-17, 2019-20
- Director, National Association of Divorce Professionals, 2018
- Legal Services of Mid-Florida, Volunteer Attorney, 2016-17
- Orange County Bar Association Guardian Ad Litem, 2014-16
Litigation can be very emotional and personal for our clients. I feel like my role is to be a constant for the client – someone who stays calm and focused on a rational analysis of the facts and law at hand. I’m helping someone move through the process of resolving the dispute.
For me, practicing law is being strong and honest and letting other people lean on that when they need it.