Orlando, Florida, attorney Tonya Walker is Of Counsel to Bloodworth Law, PLLC.
Tonya has practiced law since 2002 and works with the Bloodworth Law team on a range of trust litigation, probate or trust litigation, commercial litigation, and construction litigation cases.
Tonya made the decision to attend law school while providing support to partners in a law firm as a paralegal in 1997 for Korn & Zehmer, P.A., an appellate law and commercial litigation firm in Jacksonville, Florida.
She discovered on the job that the legal field was not only compelling but also attractive for its continuous challenge and change.
Tonya decided to attend Florida State University College of Law and received a Juris Doctorate, cum laude in 2002. Prior, she graduated the University of North Florida with a B.A. in criminal justice.
Tonya began working as an associate attorney for commercial litigation and construction litigation law firm Hedrick, Dewberry, Regan & Durant, P.A. from 2002-05.
In 2006, she returned to Korn & Zehmer, P.A., as an associate attorney, then, focused in 2007-08 on construction litigation and commercial litigation for Jacksonville, Florida, law firms Whalen & Deem, LLC, and Regan, Zebouni & Walker, P.A.
Tonya said she finds that every case is unique and poses a problem-solution that relies upon knowledge and application of the law to meet the needs of the client.
Communication is imperative and Tonya believes it’s important to really connect with clients and be upfront with them to explain the litigation process at every turn.
Additionally, Tonya has been a Legal Methods Instructor at Florida A&M University College of Law since 2011. Tonya has utilized her professional skills and applications to aid in teaching law school students since 2006. Prior, she taught at Florida Coastal School of Law.
Tonya has shared her passion for shoes with aficionados and style fans everywhere as the founder and editor of TheShoeMaven.com, since 2014.
Tonya is a Parkinson’s Advocate, and a Michael J. Fox Foundation, Team Fox Fundraiser.
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida, Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 2002
- University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, B.A. Criminal Justice, 1996
- Bloodworth Law, May 2018 to Present
- Florida A&M University, Legal Methods Instructor, 2011-Present
- Regan, Zebouni & Walker, P.A., 2008
- Whalen & Deem, LLC., 2007-08
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Professor, 2006-11
- Korn & Zehmer, P.A., 2006-07
- Hedrick, Dewberry, Regan & Durant, P.A., 2002-05
- Korn & Zehmer, P.A., Paralegal, 1997-99
- Florida Bar Association, Admitted 2002
- American Bar Association Member, Admitted 2002
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, Associate, 2005-06
- Michael J. Fox Foundation, Team Fox Fundraiser
- Lake Highland Preparatory School, Volunteer
- Co-Host, Podcast PDConnect.org, 2018-Present
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Patient Leadership Council, 2017-Present
- Health Union, LLC., Community Advocate & Contributor, 2017-Present
- Parkinson Association of Central Florida, Patient Advisory Board, 2017-Present
- Medtronic, Patient Ambassador, 2016-Present
- Parkinson’s Advocate
I love to get the client’s story because each set of facts are different and challenging in their own unique way and circumstance. I like to problem solve, so working together with a client to get them a favorable outcome–if possible under the law–is the goal.
I like to stay in contact with a client and I have to let them know what’s going on in their case.
I think that some of the challenges to legal cases are that we’re in a society that wants everything done now. And everything in the law cannot be done now. Rushing is the probably one of the least successful remedies to legal problems. I like being upfront with a client and am realistic in setting reasonable expectations.